Thursday, November 27, 2008

Ok...To Start



How does one start a blog?
I've had diaries ever since I was a little girl in elementary school. I actually found my first 'diary' collecting dust at my parent's house recently. It was informative, to say the least. I talked to myself then as much as I do now. Scary. My entries back then read something like this:
"Hi, I'm sitting on the toilet in the bathroom because my brother keeps trying to read you. But don't worry, I won't let him. These secrets are just between me and you."
I wonder when diaries became such public entities...hm...now I'm questioning and re-examining my reasons for starting a blog in the first place. Argh! My constant analyzing!
Do people even consider blogs diaries?

Well, something to ponder I guess.

It's Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for?
I'm thankful for blogs...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I consider blogs a kind of public diary. Personal insights are shared with others, but written mostly for ourselves. I hope blogging helps you along the path of healing.

A friend of mine told me "if you keep writing, I'll keep reading".

I am thankful for blogs too.

Amy