Friday, January 23, 2009

Salsa and Sanity



I had a pretty good, productive day today. Laundry, Grey's Anatomy, plant maintenance, salsa making, bathroom cleaning and kitty wrangling...ok maybe Grey's Anatomy wasn't so productive, but it was good (it's also my Friday morning staple).

I find it really interesting to have a bad day followed so closely by a good day.
I define 'good' and 'bad' a lot differently than I previously would have. A 'good' day sometimes simply involves getting out of bed, reading the Bible, and e-mailing friends. That's all it takes. It's a lot more than what I do or don't do anymore; it's a sense of comfort and peace that comes only from the Holy Spirit...only from God.

Anyways, as hubs snores peacefully on the couch, I just thought I would share with you all my salsa recipe and some fun pictures. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 3 tomatoes
  • 1 small can chopped olives
  • 1 small can green chiles
  • 1 bunch green onions (optional- I don't always use them)
  • 3 heaping tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

3 Easy Steps:
  • Chop tomatoes (you can also use a food processor, but I usually do it by hand because it gives the salsa a better texture)
  • Combine all ingredients and mix well
  • Refrigerate overnight for best flavor




Now that you know my favorite party appetizer, (a.k.a. something I make for myself and devour all by myself) share your favorite recipes. Come on, you know you want to!

3 comments:

Zil said...

Ohhhh - that looks so yummy (even @ 8:30 in the morning).

Ebe said...

Thanks Zil.
I actually had a roommate once who did eat it for breakfast!

Kara said...

I totally remember making that with you back in the day! As I recall, it was quite yummy!