Friday, January 16, 2009

Stuck

I have a friend who has this saying of "feeling stuckish".

Never have I been in more agreement than I am tonight. I am feeling stuck.

Stuck in this cycle of questions and no answers, pain and bitterness, jealousy and sorrow...hope and fear, joy and guilt, joy and sorrow...the sequence of emotions and thoughts swirling in my head is so exhausting.

Whining is my second job, in case you haven't noticed...
Trusting God when all I want to do is run and hide is my first.



Psalm 131: 1- 3

O Lord, my heart is not lifted up;
my eyes are not raised too high;

I do not occupy myself with things
too great and too marvelous for me.

But I have calmed and quieted my soul,
like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child is my soul within me.

O Israel, hope in the Lord
from this time forth and forevermore.

No comments: