Monday, February 16, 2009

The Lies I Believed

This post piggy-backs off a post from last week.

After I wrote it, I was so excited about the freedom this would bring us in our life and in our grief.
Hubs and I talked about the lies we believe as Christians and how it seems like we are completely content to let each other believe these lies; to put stock in them and carry them with us as truths.


But they are not. They are lies and they hurt. They divide and they destroy.


Maybe I'm the only one who has been buying into this lie. Maybe it's just my issue, but I'm not content to let other people believe this lie, if it's not just me after all.



He loves His children equally.




1 John 3:1-2
See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.

No comments: