Sunday, March 29, 2009

2 years ago

As usual, Chris had to wake me up for work...but this morning, two years ago, I snuck past him into the bathroom and shut the door (unheard of in our house).

The day before, I had gone to a hip little store downtown during my lunch break to buy something for Chris to tell him the news. I was so sure of myself that I as soon as I saw that little yellow onesie with 'Homemade' written across the front, I knew it was the perfect way to tell him that we were pregnant.
I hadn't even taken the test yet.

So, this morning, all I needed was the proof.

It was positive. right away.


And I was positive; sure that our baby would be coming home with us.


Today starts the countdown of remember whens and 'this day two years ago'...


I don't resent the memories and happy excitement of these 9 months two years ago. They are a connection to Owen; something of my little boy that I will always have.


Memories and hope...
I hold you close to my heart.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Hard to believe your journey towards parenthood began 2 years ago isn't it? I too was sure of a BFP before taking a test. I just knew it. I also just knew our baby would come home - that's how it works, right?

I hope your memories the second year are a bit more peaceful than the first year.

Remembering Owen and Liam always.

Keisha Valentina said...

Remembering you and precious Owen today.

Praying always.

Tonya said...

Ebe,
My heart is aching for you at the hopes this day brought you two years ago. You know, I just passed my one year mark three days ago with Grady. I wish SO badly that they were here with us...
Love you friend ~
Tonya

Zil said...

Owen will always be with you - and part of your family. You hold him in your heart.