Monday, March 2, 2009

Ah, sweet levity

Guess what?

Oh, yeah. We had snow.
In.The.South.
And we ate it up.


Believe it or not, this is the road beside our house. We all stayed home. You don't drive when it snows in the south.
Well, at least you shouldn't.


We were all smiles until the tree limbs started falling all over the place and when we went back inside to warm up...no power. All night long. Ya'll. We only had one flashlight, two matches and no wood for the fireplace. We ended up in bed with hubs' ipod and peanut butter sandwiches at 7pm.

This is what happens when southerners get snow. They use unusual means to clear snow off their cars.
Believe me, we were not prepared for this.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I love the pictures! It snowed here too, second of the season. Looks like we both got a few inches of white stuff. Owen's name in the snow is beautiful. Glad you enjoyed the snow!

Kara said...

If you want some snow, you should head this way! We "only" got about a foot! This winter has been so snowy here. And lesson learned- always have at least a few candles and a lighter! Miss you!

Anna said...

Looks a little like Wisconsin! I'm glad you enjoyed the snow. Owen's name in the snow is awesome.

Jennifer said...

I just want you to know that I am praying for you and your husband. We, too, have a son in heaven and it is something that is still painful after nearly 5 years, yet God continues to fill us and carry us. I see where you live in the Southeast...we live in Murfreesboro, TN.

I have a compassion for people who have lost children that I didn't use to have until we walked down that dark valley. As a sister in Christ, I am crying with you and praying for you.

In Christ,
Jennifer

Rachel said...

Found you through Molly Piper's blog. I know some of your pain as my daughter Felicity was also stillborn and I just had a miscarriage. I don't know all your pain as I have two sons. I can't imagine the ache you must feel missing all three of your babies. You will join the list of many grieving moms I'm praying for.
Praying for blessings for your future,
Rachel

Zil said...

Great pictures and I LOVE Owen's name in the snow. I'll think of him as your snow angel.