Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I love you, Lord.

More importantly, you love me. Thank you.

I want to live the life you've given me with a grateful heart.

It's your love that leads me to repentance, not my guilty conscience.

I repent of taking your glory. I confess I have tried to steal control from your hands. I repent, Lord.

I confess that I have a hard time trusting your goodness and your ability to do what you say you will do. I repent of doubt.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the gift of faith. Thank you for leading me beside still waters.
Help me look to you when I am afraid and anxious and to turn away from what the world (myself included) offers.

Thank you for your Son and it is in His name that I pray. Amen.

5 comments:

Chris said...

What a powerful prayer. I am so grateful for the magnificent work the Holy Spirit is performing in you Babe. Man, do I feel convicted as well as in sync with your prayer! I love you.
PAPA

Rachel said...

I'm praying this prayer for myself too!

Anna said...

Me too... Amen...

Keisha Valentina said...

Amen.

Susan said...

I found you through Molly. I've been trying to catch up reading your blog. It is so raw, so beautiful. I am thankful that you are sharing your journey so that your readers can appreciate the gift of life and walk this painful walk with you! My heart is broken for you and I have added you to our family prayer list. Tears stream down my face nightly as I come to continue reading. To be so young and have such painful experiences. God must think very highly of you to give you all of this. I too am now praying that all things will be made right. May God bless you and keep you, hold you in the palm of his hands and wrap his loving arms around you. Lord hear our prayers.