Thursday, March 26, 2009

the wait is over

A few friends (including my new friend Tonya, more on her later) urged me to call my doctor yesterday for a blood test, because of my new health concerns I will need to know I'm pregnant right away.

It was unnecessary.


I don't put a lot of stock into my emotions (mostly because they can and do lie, as well as the fact that my thyroid disease makes my emotions unreliable), but that said, I am feeling peaceful.

I've been praying for the trust and faith I need in this time of waiting. I am convinced that the Lord loves me and I am convinced that I can't rely on my circumstances to dictate His love for me.

Do you ever get that warm and fuzzy feeling after a long day of sunny spring weather lying in the grass or after an incredible time spent with family and friends? Do you ever think, 'Wow. I am really, really loved. Life is great!'

That's the feeling I have right now.

It's not my circumstances. It's not a baby growing in my womb. It's not the sunny weather (we're having torrential downpours today). It's not the love I feel from my husband, though I do feel his love.

It's the love of my Heavenly Father. I am covered. It is ENOUGH.

And it gives me a serious case of the warm and fuzzies.



p.s. Those feelings come and go, but the truth is the truth no matter how we feel.
Remind me of that next month...

11 comments:

Rachel said...

And NOTHING can separate us from that TRUTH!

Anonymous said...

I love you and am with you in thoughts often. I'm glad you had a case of warm and fuzzy feelings. Love, Dorothe

Chris said...

Man, those serious cases are so nice...relish it and rejoice in it Babe.
I love you. You are my Favorite!
PAPA

Keisha Valentina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LisaH said...

Hi I just happened upon your blog and can I tell you how much it meant to me today? To read.."I am convinced that the Lord loves me & I am convinced that I can't rely on my circumstances to dictate His love for me."
As my husband and I continue to try to get pregnant. Thank you.

Wendee said...

Thank you for this. This is what I needed, this reminder.

Owen is so very handsome. Our children are playing in Heaven. :)

Tonya said...

It warmed my heart (pardon the pun) to read that you have warm fuzzies from our Heavenly Father's love and comfort. I've never actually thought of it that way, so thanks for putting it into words for me. Enjoy these feelings, my friend. Enjoy these times when God is in control and Satan isn't getting his way too much! I am at battle with the enemy a lot! So glad that you are at peace...

Can't wait for another visit!!!

Love you!
Tonya

(ps. I hope this doesn't post twice. If so, sorry!)

Ebe said...

I love you guys. You're so wonderful!


No, I'm not pregnant. For whatever reason, I was just late.

Sometimes it feels like my heart can't take another month of waiting...and then 9 months of stressful waiting, to bring a child home.


Thanks for praying. I appreciate you all.

Zil said...

Your time will come - waiting for that time is the hard part.

Melissa said...

I came across your blog after reading another blog (and one before that and so on..) and am so thankful I did. What a beautiful little baby.
I will be praying for you and your family...and for God's will on your lives!!

Transparent Tulip said...

Yes, He is enough..enjoy reading your blog.