Sunday, June 21, 2009

In The Cross of Christ I Glory

In the cross of Christ I glory,
Towering over the wrecks of time;
All the light of sacred story
Gathers round its head sublime.

When the woes of life overtake me,
Hopes deceive, and fears annoy,
Never shall the cross forsake me,
Lo! it glows with peace and joy.

When the sun of bliss is beaming
Light and love upon my way,
From the cross the radiance streaming
Adds more luster to the day.

Bane and blessing, pain and pleasure,
By the cross are sanctified;
Peace is there that knows no measure,
Joys that through all time abide.

In the cross of Christ I glory,
Towering over the wrecks of time;
All the light of sacred story
Gathers round its head sublime.


___________________________________________________________

To the loving father of our children,

Chris, I love you.

I remember seeing you hold Owen for the first time. You were just a gentle and caring daddy. I knew how much your heart was breaking, but the look on your face was pure joy and such pride. I could almost see what you were thinking.

While I was recovering, you held Owen- not daring to put him down. I could hear you singing to him from where I was lying...

'Owen, Owen, Owen, my little boy, Owen, Owen..'

'In Christ Alone, my hope is found, he is my light, my strength, my song...'

I will carry that memory with me for the rest of my life.


Papa, there is nothing else I can say. I love you. I will love you forever. I do hope we can sit next to each other at the feast...I can't wait.


love,

your ebe

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Ebe,
Please tell Chris I said Happy Papa's day and that I'm so sorry his sweet Owen isn't getting airplanes rides from him right now. I greatly admire you both in all that you do to honor your sweet babies and parent them in their absence. It's be AT LEAST a party of five for you at that Heavenly banquet table, I'm sure!
Blessings,
Rachel

Mrs. MK said...

Beautiful words. Prayers for you and yours!

Tonya said...

Happy Birthday Ebe! It was great to talk to you today...hope you had a nice dinner!

Love you!
Tonya

Wendee said...

Happy Father's Day to your husband. :)

Chris said...

Thank you my precious Ebe. I have no other words either...I love you, always and forever.
You were right...you could read my thoughts.
PAPA

Rebecca said...

What tender thoughts & memories! Happy Father's Day to the hubs :>)

I have been wondering how you are doing lately, as it had been a bit since you last blogged. Are you ok? I tried to see if there was a way to email you, but I couldn't find one.....

{{Thinking about you}}

Ebe said...

Thanks everyone. I know Chris appreciates your words too. He so loves to be recognized as the daddy he is.

Hey Rebecca! I have been so funky lately. We moved and have been dealing with all the lovely joys that entails. I was out of town for a few days too.
Thanks for asking! I do hope you are okay these days too.
My email is ebe.mnly@gmail.com. Please email me anytime!!

love,
ebe

kvalentina said...

tears.

this is beautiful..

more tears...