Thursday, August 20, 2009

Learning my new default

Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 
Romans 5: 1-2 (emphasis mine)

Chris and I memorized these verses the other night. I have been reciting them to myself over and over again- thinking, 'Yes. Yes, this is true about God. True about me. This is my solid ground.'

Thank you all for the encouragement and love you're sending. I can truly feel it. The past few days have not been all that easy, but reminding myself of Romans 5 does help. It is something that I can hold onto when I feel no peace or calm or hope. 

Yesterday I had a pretty long talk with my doctor's office NP. She's been really helpful to explain the stuff I'm not quite sure about (in terms of my cycle and 'stuff'). In short, I was kind of 'freaking out' about something. When you're a worrier, there's always something to freak out about. God has been gracious to send me reminders of his love and faithfulness by his Spirit through others this week. And the NP was no exception. For that, I am extremely thankful. 


There is so much to be thankful for.


3 comments:

Anna said...

(((Hugs)))

Jennifer said...

Ebe~

Just know that I have been and will continue to pray for you.

God's promises are true and His mercies are new every morning.

Keep hiding God's Word in your heart!

In Christ,
Jennifer

abigailsleftovers said...

Very encouraging.

I've been lurking for a few months. Just thought I'd come out and say the Lord's work in your life is evident.

I appreciate your willingness to be shaped by His Word.