Wednesday, October 21, 2009

checking in

I have another post I plan on getting finished, oh- probably within the next month or so, but until then, I thought you all might like to see another picture of our adorable baby.

This was yesterday. I know it's not the best picture, but it's a picture of an ultrasound, so I guess it's bound to be fuzzy (we don't have a scanner). 


Can you see her little arms and legs? If you tilt your head to the right and squint...it's a great picture! The head is at the top and butt on the bottom. 

I've been feeling a bit better the past few days, so of course, I was worried yesterday and called to get an appointment. They got me in yesterday afternoon and baby is doing great. Growing right along track, with the most beautiful pounding heart. 
The shots are getting easier to do, but I've been bruising more lately. I have the most sensitive gag reflex, so that's fun too. This pregnancy is so different from my other three. It's kind of like being pregnant for the first time, except without all the sweet naivety and blissful innocence/ignorance. 
And no, I don't know that this baby is a girl ;) but I have a strong feeling that it is. Just a feeling. Of course, I felt the same way about Owen, so I really can't be trusted. 

12 comments:

Devon said...

that is a beautiful picture!

the bruising will go in spurts...sometimes my belly was all black & blue and others it was just a pale yellow...i would sometimes ice the area before, it helps.

hang in there! praying for a take home baby...

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing, that is a good photo. Praise God for a healthy heart beat! I'm glad you're feeling better too and hope you are getting some rest. Your doctor is wonderful.

Rachel said...

Ebe-
I see that beautiful baby - arms, legs, butt - so precious.

The shots are for progesterone or something else to do with your thyroid issue?

Thanks for the update - I worry when I don't hear from you, but that makes me pray all the more.

Love,
Rachel

sjefferson said...

I love that little pic!! Sweet, sweet baby! It almost looks like she has a bow in her hair! ;) Praying hard for you and her!

Sarah

Tonya said...

Sweet beautiful baby! I know it must scare the dickens out of you when you feel better after feeling so yuck, but try to enjoy those fleeting moments of feeling well. You are so blessed to have a caring, concerned doctor who will ease your mind when you need that. Praying for you and "her"!

Love you,
Tonya

Sara said...

Precious little one Ebe... still so happy for you. Praying for the 2 of you!
Sara

Amy said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and Hoping this little one comes home with you!

Anna said...

Grow baby grow! Beautiful picture!

Love,
Anna

Emily said...

So beautiful. Glad the shots are getting easier to administer. Yes, innocence is gone, but I pray that you would continue to have excitement and joy.

Sarah said...

May baby is precious! I love ultrasound pictures. Shows you just how perfectly formed our little babies are.

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the update! I continue to pray for you and your pregnancy :>)

House of Collinsworth said...

Wow...apparently I've missed a lot! I am so very happy for you and I am going to be praying so hard for you and this little one! You know how after losing a child, there is a little sting in your heart when you find out someone is pregnant? It's SO different when it's a friend who has also lost a child (children). I am SO EXCITED for you...really I am and I desperately want you to be able to hold this baby in your arms...to hear him/her cry, laugh, see them smile. I want that so much for you!

I, too, will have to give myself shots in my stomach every day if I get pregnant again. After losing Noah just 3 months ago, I had some blood testing done and found out I have a blood disorder (clotting disorder) called Factor V Leiden (Thrombophilia). Do you have something like this as well?

Please know you and baby are being lifted up in prayer over here in Conyers, Georgia!!!