Thursday, December 10, 2009

Growing and moving

The other night I was lying in bed trying in vain to go back to sleep. Two hours earlier, Chris and I were asleep on the couch; him stretched out across the ottoman in front of us and me curled up on the rest of the couch. It was a weird way to wake up, though not uncommon in our house. I blinked my eyes open and looked around- 11pm, Christmas tree lights still bright, television glowing in the background. I rolled over off the couch and shuffled into the bathroom to take my nightly Lovenox (a.k.a. the 'nox') shot. What a fun way to get ready for bed, huh?

By the time we both got our teeth brushed and various other nightly things done, I wasn't the least bit sleepy. I was lying there, feeling fairly rested, when I felt this little tap...tap-tap in my lower abdomen. I quickly put my hand where the tapping was coming from and felt a small push back. I gasped and elbowed Chris to get his attention. 'Do you want to feel the baby?' I asked excitedly. Well, you can imagine his response. He brought his hand to where mine was lying and I pressed my hand over his. And there it was again. This time the gasp came from him.

With Owen, it took forever for Chris to feel his feet kicking and arms punching. I am truly amazed at the movement from this baby. It's not consistent and there's really no pattern at all, but this baby must be really strong...um, it's that or I've lost all the muscle tone in my stomach. Yesterday afternoon I was fretting over having not really felt the baby move much the past day or so when all of a sudden, there it was again. Tap, tap..tap tap tap.
I hear you, little one. I hear you.
And tonight, I think I literally felt this little one roll over. And just now, as I was typing the above paragraph, I think the baby did some kind of a summersault.

It's not at all how I thought I'd feel. A few weeks ago, I wrote a post lamenting movement and wondering how I'd react when I could feel this baby move.
But I don't feel those things at all. I feel more in love with this baby than ever before. Every day I fall more and more in love with my littlest one. My youngest.


Thank you, Lord. Thank you for the sweetness of a baby moving in my womb. Thank you for the comfort of your Word and of the Spirit. Thank you for every day we spend with this baby.
Thank you for hope.


We are days away from knowing this child's name. Our Father has already written it in His book...I can't wait to find out what it is.

And now for gratuitous belly shots:


 at 13 weeks

and

at 16 weeks


Okay, so I couldn't decide which picture was the most 'awesomest' so you get two. Enjoy.



This is just a fun shot of Chris' new glasses that he got tonight. Yay for glasses that aren't 5 years old!


__________________________________________________________________________________

Oh, and I just have to share the news that two friends, one a MISS and blog buddy, the other a real life friend, both had their precious sub babies recently. Well, Miranda had her baby last Thursday (I have a post coming up on that) and Anna had her baby early this morning. Praise God!! Praise God, both baby boys cried when they were born and are doing wonderfully.

10 comments:

Anna said...

Ebe,

So excited you and Chris both are feeling little May baby! Love the belly pics too!

Love & Prayers!
Anna

Susan said...

Wow! What a lovely post! Thanks for the pictures, too.

--Susan

Tonya said...

I'm so happy for you! Beautiful pictures! Can't wait to see you soon...

Love,
Tonya

Rebecca said...

What a beautiful gift: to feel your baby moving for the first time! So happy for you & Chris and can't wait to hear the name that God has written for your youngest.

Sarah said...

So happy for you! What a wonderful gift from our Lord.

Katie said...

What a wonderful event, glad Chris could join in! Love the photos too!

Keisha Valentina said...

Oh Ebe,

All I can say is that you are BEAUTIFUL. Beautiful, my dear.

Freya said...

Yay! That's so exciting.
I'm glad He's given you so much time with your little one already.

I'm still praying for you =)

-Freya

sjefferson said...

You are looking SO cute! I love the growing belly!!

Wendee said...

You look great!!!