Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Praise God

He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. And right now, He's the same God who saw fit to write Owen's days as 35 weeks 5 days in my womb.
He saw fit for Owen to have complications in my womb, some of which we knew of and others that slipped past medical care/intervention.

He saw fit for this little baby to have all organs and fingers and toes present and accounted for. Perfect and whole.

Praise His Holy Name.


I've never felt so much relief as I did when I watched the ultrasound tech type the words: NO ANOMALIES SEEN.

What beautiful words!!!


And yes, we did see the gender. My babies are not shy. Owen was so proud to show his mommy and daddy that he was a boy and this little baby was only too happy to oblige as well. (If you feel so inclined, I thought it would be fun to have a little poll of your thoughts on this baby's gender. Just look above this post.)


We are overjoyed. I am on cloud nine and I don't think I'll be coming down for quite some time.

Thank you all so so so much for praying. God is so faithful...He is the always the same.

10 comments:

JamieW said...

I am so thrilled to see this post. I hope there are many more wonderful posts filled with good news over the coming months.

Kate said...

You don't know me but I have been checking your blog for a while now and am very thankful for you! Please know how happy I am for you and your husband. I am praising God for you and your baby and for no anomalies seen!!! I also want to tell you what an encouragement you are to me as I grieve for my own children who are in heaven. I'm praying for you!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing so that by the power of the holy spirit you may abound in hope. (Rom 15:13)
Merry Christmas!
Kate

Ashley said...

Cant wait to hear what it is on the 26th!!!!!

Love and prayers,
ashley

Sara said...

Ebe, Praise God Ebe for a great ultrasound... I am just so happy for you. I will continue praying:) Hey which seminary in St. Louis... did you know that was where we were in sem? We were at Concordia, but I had 3 couples in one of my childbirth classes that I taught that went to Covenant... is that where you are thinking? Yeah... that is a lot closer. I am tossing around going to Florida and stopping at Tonya's in Jan or Feb:) If that works I would love to see you too:) Have a great Christmas... I finally got permission to post about something special on my blog... I know it will make you smile... hopefully I will get it up tonight:)

Praying for you and little Miss pumpkin... Just for what it is worth... I am thinking a little girl:)
sara

Rebecca said...

Oh, Ebe.

Praising Him with you for your 10 perfect fingers and toes.

Can't wait to hear the news!

Rachel said...

Praise the Lord!

Anna said...

So glad all looked well... excitedly awaiting your announcement of boy or girl... :)

Keisha Valentina said...

Tears...

Of joy.

Oh Ebe, I wish I could see you smile!

Mrs. MK said...

More happy happy tears for you!!!

What a gift for you this Christmas!

Ashley said...

Ok Ebe, so we are hours away from the 26th :)..can not wait to hear what your little bundle of joy is going to be!!!

Love,
Ashley