Friday, January 1, 2010

The New Year

I wanted to post something on January 1. The first day of the new year...

but I find myself at a loss for words. I don't know what to say about 2010.
I don't really know what to say about 2009.

At midnight on the 1st, I was teary eyed again. For the third year in a row, Chris and I sat by each other- the two of us- and wordlessly wondered what the new year would bring. I wasn't necessarily sad to see 2009 go, but I wasn't as excited to welcome 2010 as I thought I would be.

I don't want to speculate on what this year will bring, though I pray it brings us many sleepless nights with a little girl named Hannah Mae.
I do however want to live in the now. The here and now. The only thing we have. I want to be more present minded.

So, as I'm trying out my present mindedness, I'll say, I'm happy for a lazy night with my husband, an active baby girl in my womb and a God who never lets me go.


Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Love the new, bigger picture of sweet Owen at the top:) He is beautiful... can't wait to see if Hannah looks like her big brother. Praying for you Ebe!
Sara