Thursday, January 28, 2010

Our God is good

Tuesday night was amazing. It felt like three old friends hanging out.
I am in awe of how God can work through something like a blog and bring people together, people that may never meet, and give them a bond and closeness that goes beyond geographical location. It was such a blessing to my heart.

I got to Tonya's house and knocked on the door right away (after having to tell myself not to run up the walkway); Tonya's oldest daughter Jessica opened the door with her sister Emma Grace at her side, and with them was Anna, Sara's daughter. I had to keep myself from saying 'Anna! It's so nice to meet to you!' So, instead I introduced myself and asked what her name was. I felt like I knew her from her mom's blog. It was such a surreal feeling.

Being with Sara felt like spending time with a good friend that I hadn't seen in a long time. (By the way, I love your Wisconsin accent!) I'm struggling to put together words for how much I enjoyed spending time with these two ladies. Suffice it to say, there was so much peace and hope emanating from our time together that it was hard to go home, even after my caring husband called at 11:30 to see when I was coming home.




Towards the end of the evening, Hannah Mae was being particularly active (I think it was the sweet tea and brownie combination- who doesn't love sugar?) and I asked them if they wanted to feel her move. I think she was doing some punching exercises because the movements were coming from where her head has been situated for a few weeks. It was so special. I can't even describe how much it meant for the both of them to feel her sweet little movements. I know how emotional it can be to be around pregnant women after such a terrible loss, so it just meant so much that they both wanted to feel her and that Hannah Mae wanted to punch for them. I think she was trying to say hi, don't you?
She is usually so shy and doesn't want to move for anyone. Chris is the only one who has felt her move, and sometimes she even gets shy around her daddy, so it was especially sweet that she would let them feel her.

When the kiddos (all 7 of them) were getting ready for bed, I thought I should leave as I didn't want to get in the way or disturb the bedtime activities, but try as I might, I just couldn't leave. It was such a wonderful night and I didn't want it to end. So...I stayed and stayed and stayed some more.
Finally, at 2 minutes to midnight, I hopped in my car and headed home after many hugs and promises to come and visit the Hintz family when we're in their part of the country.

There really aren't enough words to describe what it feels like to be with people who 'get' you. I mean, really really get you. It is incredibly freeing...and such a blessing.

6 comments:

Sara said...

EBE,
I AGREE 100%, IT WAS SUCH A TREAT FOR ME... I DIDN'T WANT THE LEAVE THE NEXT DAY EITHER... AND I DIDN'T LIKE SEEING YOU WALK OUT THE DOOR EITHER:( I MEANT WHAT I SAID ABOUT COMING OK WAY:) IT WAS AMAZING TO FEEL LITTLE HANNAH MAE MOVE...WILD, BUT AMAZING!! THANKS FOR LETTING ME FEEL THAT LIFE, JUST AWESOME! THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS FOR US AS WELL.
SARA

Jennifer said...

I am very jealous that I didn't get invited to this gathering. =) Really, I am excited for you all, not to mention envious. ;) How encouraging the three of you must have been to one another. I'm glad Hannah Mae wanted to join in on the fun as well.

I saw where you will be moving to St. Louis. I live in Murfreesboro, TN which is 5 hours from there. We have friends that live in Topeka, where the half way point is St. Louis. So...maybe someday we can meet in person, and Hannah Mae and Kylie can meet. Just a thought.

Praying for you, Chris, and Hannah Mae!

Keisha Valentina said...

Beautiful.

I have a dear friend who just "get's me" as well... there is nothing like it, I know what you mean... It's a rare and beautiful thing.

Thankful that the Lord gave you this gift Ebe! What an encouragement it must have been to all of your hearts!

Keisha Valentina said...

...and thanks for introducing me to their blogs! I feel like I've gained two new friends! :)

Tonya said...

I SO enjoyed the three of us being together! The time was definitely way too short! It was such a blessing to feel little Hannah Mae kicking...I'm so glad she liked my brownies and sweet tea! Can't wait to get together again soon!

Love,
Tonya

Post Tenebras Lux said...

Ebe, I've been reading your archives, and I'm sitting here with the tears running down my face. I lost my secondborn in November at twelve weeks--John. I wondered if I might have permission to reprint some of your posts on my blog. You say what I'm thinking and feeling so well, and I can't say it with any coherence at all right now.