Thursday, February 4, 2010

Jesus, we come

I've been thinking about writing, but words aren't fitting together the way I want them to.

A sweet friend's precious little boy went to be with Jesus two days ago. I've never met her, or her son. I really regret not meeting him here on this earth, but I know we'll rejoice in Heaven together.
My heart is breaking for her and her husband, for his big sister. I've been thinking about them a lot and catch myself lost in a world of thoughts that ache.

I don't have permission to link to her blog, so I won't; but please be in prayer for this family. Pray that those around them would love them well and show them our Father's unconditional love and faithfulness. Pray that He would be near.


Out of my bondage, sorrow and night,
Jesus, I come, Jesus I come;
Into Thy freedom, gladness and light,
Jesus, I come to Thee;
Out of my sickness, into Thy health,
Out of my want and into Thy wealth,
Out of my sin and into Thyself,
Jesus, I come to Thee.

Out of my shameful failure and loss,
Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come;
Into the glorious gain of Thy cross,
Jesus, I come to Thee;
Out of earth's sorrows, into Thy balm,
Out of life's storms and into Thy calm,
Out of distress to jubilant psalm,
Jesus, I come to Thee.

Out of unrest and arrogant pride,
Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come;
Into Thy blessed will to abide,
Jesus, I come to Thee;
Out of myself to dwell in Thy love,
Out of despair, into raptures above,
Upward forever on wings like a dove,
Jesus, I come to Thee.

Out of the fear and dread of the tomb,
Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come;
Into the joy and light of Thy home,
Jesus, I come to Thee;
Out of the depths of ruin untold,
Into the peace of Thy sheltering fold,
Ever Thy glorious face to behold,
Jesus, I come to Thee.

Jesus, we come to Thee.

4 comments:

My life said...

My heart aches for Ashley as well, such a beautiful light her son was. I'm praying for their family.

Rush Family said...

Thank you for loving my dear friend. Clinging to His promises.

Sara said...

Praying with you Ebe... this world is so full of hurt and sadness, I am so glad that they have your love and support... praying for you too Ebe.
Sara

Ashley said...

Thank you Ebe for praying us through this and for being so willing to ache with me. You are more than welcome to link my blog any time you want.

Much love,
ashley