Thursday, March 11, 2010

Weekly Monitoring

Hannah had her first BPP (biophysical profile) today. She passed with flying colors. I didn't really know what to expect when I went in for the test this afternoon, but it was kind of fun. I got to watch her move and yawn and stretch. The ultrasound tech measured her muscle tone, watched her practice breathe, measured her amniotic fluid, noted her movements, and then deemed our little girl healthy! She got an 8/8.
Yay, Hannah Mae!

The tech estimates her weight to be 2 lbs 12 oz. This puts her in the 31st percentile. She's a small baby, but coming from two pretty small parents, I'd say she's doing great! Praise God for Lovenox.
Next week, I go in for my first NST (non-stress test). We are in the final stretch where I will be going in every week for monitoring of some kind. I'll get a NST every week and a BPP with a growth scan every three weeks.

Having monitoring like this available to us is such an incredible relief. I am so thankful. I can almost breathe easy.

This is one of the funniest ultrasound pictures I've seen in a while- it was taken right before she gave us a big yawn.
Sorry the quality's not that great, but we still don't have a scanner, so it's a picture of the ultrasound.
Can you see her nose at the top and her sweet mouth opening in a yawn? I think she was trying to tell us how bored she is in there... I'm ready too, Hannah.


























Kelli-poo, you are such a blessing to my heart. I thank God for our friendship. It's been ten years since I've seen your beautiful smile but I remember it like it was yesterday. Do you remember our Felicity inspired tapes? I still have mine...

8 comments:

Sara said...

Love, love, love the sweet little nose and mouth shot... Praying for you and sweet Hannah Ebe.
Sara

Tonya said...

I can't believe you're already at weekly visits! YAY! So happy that Hannah Mae got such a good "score" on her BPP. And she's such a Cutie Pie!!!

Love and hugs,
Tonya

Mandi @ Organizing Your Way said...

Look at her sweet little cheeks!!! She's beautiful!!

Stephanie Schupska said...

Ah, Hannah is SO CUTE! What a great shot. It almost looks like she's trying to sing to you. :)

sassyteach said...

what a beauty!

Ashley said...

Love this picture of her!! It is just so precious!

Cant wait to see you soon! Thank you for all your kind words and support as I wade through all my emotions!

love,
ashley

Susan said...

Awe! Sweet Girl! Thank goodness they are taking such great care of you & the babe. My OB does the same sorts of things because, "peace of mind is priceless."

Continued prayers for you!

Kelli said...

Lizzypoo, I can't tell you how excited I was to see a reply from you in my inbox this morning! It's funny how so much as stayed the same and changed all at once.
The tapes-Oh Lord- the tapes. I would be horrified to hear myself on those. You best just keep those to yourself:)
I am so happy to hear that your appointment went well and you got to sneak another peak at your precious miss Hannah Mae. She is beautiful.
I have so much to tell you. I'll either email tonight or tomorrow. Lots of love to you, Chris, Owen, and Hannah!
Kelli