Thursday, March 25, 2010

What 40 days look like

in jellybeans




____________________________
Sleeeeeepy. Very sleep tonight. 
After a long day of quilt making and a long night of nesting yesterday, I got up early this morning in order to babysit little Elijah today for my friend, Miranda. I had him from about 7 am until 4:30. It was the longest I've ever kept a baby his age. We had a blast. We ate, napped, cuddled and played all day. Having him for the day made me even more anxious for Hannah Mae to get here already! I'm so excited.

I have to tell you though... I have a lot to learn. Elijah was very patient with me as I muddled through a few feedings and oh my goodness, I have to get faster at changing clothes. He was super patient, but I could see where this may be a source of contention with Hannah Mae if I don't speed things up a bit. 
Don't take this the wrong way, but being almost 8 months pregnant and baby-sitting a 3 month old is not easy. I overestimated my agility and balance for sure. There were times when picking him up off the floor and getting to a standing position felt like the most physical thing I've ever done in my life (and I'm a former gymnast). Having a basketball in your tummy and finding a comfortable place for a baby to snuggle is a sweet challenge indeed. Elijah was wiggly and kicked Hannah a few times, but don't worry Hannah got in a few of her own. ; )


Hannah Mae's blanket is coming along. Do you remember my post last September about how I had started my first quilt last summer? I wrote this about it:

I don't know if this is a summer activity, but I am in the middle of making my first quilt. I'm pretty pumped about it. Admittedly, it's not going to be perfect, but I've had a great time working on it. It's definitely a baby blanket. A baby girl blanket. It's all pink and yellow and green. I know I don't have a girl, or even a baby at home, but I've had such a sweet time praying over the little girl who will one day, Lord willing, use this blanket.

 I remember writing this post and wondering if and when we would use this blanket. Literally, a month after I started working on it, I found out I was pregnant with our baby girl, Hannah Mae. It's a beautiful story that I can't wait to tell her when she's older. 
Oh, and I know... how long does it take to make a quilt? Apparently, nine months. 

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

The perfect amount of time for a sweet blanket & a sweet baby! So excited for you!!!!

Thanks for the visual with the jellybeans. Wow.

Sara said...

That doesn't look like very many jelly beans... how do you not just eat them all in one sitting... I wouldn't have the will power, unless of course I had another bowl where I could eat as many as I wanted:) What a great idea:) Praying!
Sara

Tonya said...

I was wondering if that was Elijah in your previous post... I'm so glad you got to spend the day with him! And ummmm, that doesn't look like very many jelly beans at all! She'll be here before we know it! Still praying for you! Trying to organize my week next week, hoping we can get together one day. I'll be in touch. Get some rest today!

Love,
Tonya

Chris said...

Those jelly beans are tasty...and I want to gone!!! Love you.
PAPA

Chris said...

them...not to.

Emily said...

Wow! That is NOT a lot of jelly beans! Praying for you daily.

Freya said...

40 days in jellybeans really help to make it look easier. Go Ebe!

Ebe said...

hehe... yes, Sara, we do have another bowl of jellybeans that we have been eating. They're the Starburst jellybeans... so yummy!

Thanks for praying everyone!

Kelly said...

I'm glad the blanket is coming along so well! The visual with the jellybeans is great!

Miranda said...

Ebe,

Thanks for keeping my little man! He told me had a blast with you and Hannah :) I am SO excited for you and Chris and can't wait to see Hannah and for she and Elijah to sit next to each other!

Love,
Miranda