Thursday, April 1, 2010

Updates; what a boring title

Monday I went in for a follow-up ultrasound at the peri's office (you know, Dr. PBM) to check Hannah Mae's growth since January. She is growing wonderfully (yay for the nox!). She's in the 33rd percentile and is weighing an estimated 3 lbs 7 oz. She's a big little girl.
It makes me sad when I think that she's almost as big as her brother was when he was born at 36 weeks. We had no idea that there were things our doctors weren't telling us and things they could have done but didn't. It hurts. a lot.

But God is sovereign.


We had our third NST on Tuesday. The NP and mid-wife (my doctor was not in the office) both said what a beautiful and healthy strip Hannah Mae produced. I am so thankful. The mid-wife made a comment about how happy Hannah is in my womb. I'm so happy to hear that, and at the same time, I'm so ready for her to be out and in my arms!


Proof that Hannah Mae is one fiesty little girl: she has been pushing and kicking the same two places the most of any spots on my belly and she's actually bruised me on the inside! I didn't know it was possible, but apparently it's not unheard of. It doesn't hurt so much when she kicks, but when she's been stretching and pushing (which has been going on a lot more these days) it hurts like a you-know-what. I guess she really likes these two spots and enjoys nuzzling them. Or (this is my favorite theory) she's trying to push her way out. I like to think she's just as ready as we are.


We are less than 5 weeks from our amnio! *big sigh*
Chris was telling me the other day that he's starting to feel a little stressed about all that we have to do before she's born. This actually has me excited because it means there's not much time left! Praise God, I actually made a list- here's my to-do list:



Please, please pray that Hannah Mae's lungs are fully developed and that she's ready to come out the first week of May. The back up plan that has been discussed is stressing me out. Even though the NP and mid-wife (I haven't talked any of this over with my dr. or the high risk dr.) assured me it was nothing to worry about now, I can't help but to think about it. I like having the day (May 4 or 5) in my head... the day I'm trying to make it to. The day we'll finally hold her in our arms and hear her beautiful cry.




This past Saturday I went to a baby shower; the first shower I've attended since the shower my friends from church threw for Owen. If you can believe it, I even helped plan it.
It was for my friend, S. who is having a boy after two little girls. She has four sweet babies in Heaven, they all went to be with Jesus during the first trimester.  She knows that this is not her first boy; she has at least one sweet little boy in Heaven. The little boy she carries now is someone whom she never thought she'd have here on Earth and we rejoice with her over him. I can't wait to hold him.

It wasn't the easiest thing for me to do, but it was so worth it. I'm so glad I was able to be there and celebrate her son. She got so many adorable things; it was wonderful to see her surrounded by all that blue!


Chris is interviewing for the BIG scholarship next week for seminary. I am a little nervous about it, but overall I'm feeling peaceful. Please remember Chris next Tuesday and Wednesday as he interviews and pray for God's comfort and peace, that Chris will remember who he is in Christ and not feel intimidated or nervous.


To end this rambling post, here's an almost 32 week Hannah Mae belly (as you can see my Hannah piles are growing!):



I hope everyone has a good weekend, enjoying the presence of God and remembering the person who gave everything so we could have a reconciled relationship with our Father in Heaven. 

8 comments:

Kelly said...

You have so much to do in so little time but from your post, you sound so happy, hopeful and ready to hold Hannah. That's absolutely wonderful.

And, yet again, you and Hannah look adorable! :)

Tonya said...

I wish I was still teaching breastfeeding classes... I would love to teach you and Chris! I saw it on your to-do list and it made me sad that I don't do that anymore. I'm here if you need me, though!

Good luck on your nesting list! And be careful navigating through your Hannah piles, especially on those nightly trips to the potty! :)

Love and prayers!
Tonya

Sara said...

Ebe,
I have to just say that you look beautiful friend. Ebe, you are getting so close, it just makes me smile. Praise God! Praying for continued growth for Hannah Mae and peace for your heart... May you keep trusting every little step of the way:)

Praying:)
Sara

Ashly said...

I'm so glad you're doing well! Hannah Mae will be here soon:) I can't wait for you to experience the most wonderful feeling on earth. It sounds like your doctors are taking great care of you and that's good.

If you want to talk about the amnio ever, please feel free to email me. I was scared to death about it and actually cried through the whole thing (not b/c it hurt, just because I was emotional) so if you want someone who's been there, let me know!

I'll be praying for her lungs!

Freya said...

You look great, Ebe, I'm so glad to see you so excited and close to bringing her home with you! I'd be interested too, to hear how your regard towards God has changed throughout this pregnancy, do you love/fear/trust/worship him differently since before you were pregnant? In short, how has this changed your relationship with Him?

I'll pray that her lungs are as healthy as can be.

Love,
Freya

Keisha Valentina said...

I love this post Ebe!

I am praying... for everything.

You are in my heart and prayers, always.

The Blue Sparrow said...

Sending prayers for you and Hannah! *HUGS*

Rachel said...

You are soo cute! I know Hannah Mae is going to be adorable as well and so close to being here - yay!

Since you're planning on going to a breastfeeding class, you might also want to check into La Leche League - they strongly encourage women to attend a meeting or more while they are pregnant (free of charge) and it's a great place to get breastfeeding help/support/encouragement. Find a group near you at llli.org

I've breastfed all of my boys (and still am with Caleb of course) and it's been an amazing part of motherhood. Here's the best advice I got - Give it six weeks! The first six weeks are the hardest as you're recovering from birth, getting to know your baby, and establishing your milk supply. A great read is "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding"

Praying for you all!