Thursday, May 27, 2010

One Month

Today our precious fourth child is celebrating, well- we're celebrating for her, one month living out in the big world and in our arms.

One month ago, this sweet little girl-


was born after 35 weeks of, well, craziness. We're thrilled to be celebrating her one month birthday today... and to think, her due date is still days away. 

Here we are one month ago...



It's hard to believe that we've had her in our arms for a whole month.
Here are some pictures of what's been going on in the Manley house. 

Thanks Auntie Kelli for this fun toy! It is hilarious how happy and content she is looking at herself in the mirror. She waves her arms all around and grunts like crazy... it is hours of entertainment. 




Our attempt at a family photo. 


While her belly and legs are chunking out, she still has skinny little bird arms! 
'Look Miranda, I sleep just like Elijah...' 


...and then I have to cry about it.


Tummy time on mommy. This is one of my most favorite things in the world. It's honestly how we spend most of our day. I'm thankful she seems to understand the difference between nighttime and daytime. She is very content to sleep in her crib at night, but when the sun is shining and 8 am rolls around, she's ready to be out of the crib and does not want to be put down all day. I don't blame her, it's much more fun to sleep on someone than to be all alone in her crib. 


I don't get much done during the day, but really, what does that matter? Dishes can wait, who needs to pee anyway and soon... she won't be this small and cuddly. 




This is the bouncy chair that I had such mixed emotions about bringing home from my parent's house. We put Hannah in it for the first time a couple of nights ago. She really seemed to like it. 


I thought boys were the only ones who can create fountains, but I was wrong. Chris got it the other night ... it was too funny and I just had to run for the camera to capture the moment. 


He wasn't upset at all... and with a face like this...
it's hard not to love on her. 



This afternoon, Chris was able to take a half day from work and we all went out on the town. By 'on the town' I mean Chick-fil-a for lunch, a super cute baby store where we bought her a Moby wrap, and Target... oh and the grocery store too. We had a great day. It was the longest we've been out with her, complete with a diaper change and breastfeeding in the car in various parking lots around town. 






16 comments:

Devon said...

aw, she is just a doll! i remember when peighton was that tiny...it does go by WAY too fast! enjoy each moment...and i know you are!

you will LOVE the moby and i love that mirror thing for the crib...i gotta find that!

thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures!

Sara said...

Ebe, my heart is just bursting with joy for you all:)
Sara

Kelly said...

Ebe, I think of you often and was so glad to see this post/update. The three of you look so great and so happy!

Erika said...

one month ALREADY?!!!! where does the time go? she is beautiful!!!! <3

Tonya said...

I can't believe it was a month ago today that I met her! She's beautiful! I'm so glad things are going well...can't wait to see y'all next week! And how funny is this, my "word verification" for this comment is "growed". Yep, she's "growed" alright! :) And will continue to grow much too fast! Today is Jessica's 11th b-day...hard for me to believe! Seems like yesterday she was my not-so-little newborn on my chest. Enough rambling! Will talk soon!

Love and hugs!
Tonya

Emily said...

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful!

Rachel said...

My smile just kept getting bigger and bigger as I read through this post.

Rebecca said...

Looks like that last picture makes a great family photo too! Love all the fun you're having with Hannah! The indescribable joy is just written all over your faces....

((hugs))

Ashly said...

I love all the pictures, she's adorable! Snuggle that baby as much as you can:)

Freya said...

Yay! I'm so glad y'all are all doing so well--she looks great, and you two look so happy! Go, Manleys!

Take care =).

heather ryan morse said...

she is precious and you look great! i am so glad that you blog..so i can keep up!!

Kelli said...

Auntie Kelli- I really like the sound of that!!! I am so happy she enjoys the mirror! She is absolutely precious. I can't wait to experience the same joy! Love you all of you!!

Wendee said...

She is so precious! I'm so happy for you!

Rachel said...

I haven't been able to check your site in almost a year! Congratulations ~ what a beautiful baby! I look forward to hearing more through your blog!

Miranda said...

Too adorable!! What a beautiful family you three make. You are right too..who cares about the dishes and taking a shower..those moments of pure cuddling are priceless and so much fun!!

Love you all!

Emily said...

Praying (and confident) that you are enjoying every precious moment with Hannah as she grows!