Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Reflux sucks

Apparently 80% of all premature babies suffer with reflux. It's so common that most doctors just assume that all preemies have it. Hannah is no exception. It could be worse, but she's not been feeling all that well lately. It really really sucks watching her in pain. She's still eating okay, but after she eats, she cries. I hate it. She looks at me with her big sad eyes and her mouth turns down in a frown and then the most pitiful crying starts. Her voice is hoarse and high pitched raspy, so it just magnifies the pitifulness.

Reflux sucks. More than that, the fallen world just plain sucks. 


6 comments:

Devon said...

yep, both my preemie girls had it. is she taking anything? your life will be SO much better if you can get her on something....email me if you have any questions...poor sweet girl!

Danielle said...

Both my children (c-section babies) had horrible reflux. Medicine works wonders and well worth the expense! Happy Baby = Happy Mama!

elfinwynter said...

Poor Pooh! And yes, I agree, it sucks! Give her hugs and kisses for us!!

Tonya said...

So sorry you're having to go through this. We've been down this road with Emma Grace, complete with projectile vomiting and all. She was on medication for a long time. It's definitely not fun and it is pitiful and heartbreaking to see your sweet baby in pain. Hang in there! Love you!

Bree said...

your hannah reminds me so much of my nora. i haven't posted pics of her yet on my blog. but, she was born at 36 weeks- 3 weeks ago. we are dealing with reflux issues, as well. and you're right, it sucks!

Rebecca said...

I have heard that medicine really does make a difference. What about keeping her more upright after feedings? So sorry for little Hannah!