Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Merry Making year 2

Our Christmas tree has been up for a week now. It's beautiful and smells sublime. This is the third year we've gotten a real tree instead of putting up our artificial tree. I love our new tradition, though this year we almost didn't put up a tree at all. Chris was swamped with studying for finals and his vote was to forgo any and all Christmas decorations. He tried to talk me into it, but I just couldn't do it. I wanted Hannah's first Christmas to be full of stockings, a Christmas tree complete with shining lights and fun dangling ornaments, a manger scene and peppermint mochas. Okay, not that last one- that one was for me.

We found a Christmas tree lot that was being run by a church; it uses the profits to benefit its various ministries. I thought it was a well spent $20.


Hannah thinks so too. 
I have the most adorable video of her 'talking' to the Christmas tree. It warms my heart.



Excuse my pjs... I was still recovering from my cold.



Hannah and I have been watching all my favorite Christmas shows on DVD. This is us watching Rudolph. She thought it was great... for about 5 minutes, and then she was done.



Anybody ever notice how mean Santa is? I didn't remember him being so ugly to everyone. 
Hannah and I had to talk about choosing to love our friends and how sometimes it's hard to choose to love those who are mean to us. And also how when our friends aren't kind to us, it makes us sad, but that God is always loving and kind.
Oh, man... I didn't expect a lesson in being kind from watching Rudolph. :)









Eating bananas- her new favorite food. 


 Last weekend, we had snow! We only ventured out in it for about 5 minutes. It was way too cold, but Hannah was all bundled up in her snow suit, which she thought was so fun until the frigid air hit her face.


The ground and roads are still covered in snow, and so was our car until last night when Chris finally had to go out. Hannah and I opted to stay home. I am scared of driving in snow, but I know eventually I'll have to get over that and try.
I have better pictures of us in the snow, but I'm saving those for Christmas cards! I have a ton of gifts to grow points from Pampers and I'm finally redeeming them to get free cards from Shutterfly. Yay!




I tried to get a good picture of Hannah for our Christmas card, but she would have no part of it.



I am happy to report that Chris finished his first semester of seminary yesterday. We are both breathing a big sigh of relief today. He has a whole 20 days off!!! Hannah and I are overjoyed to be able to have him to ourselves for almost three weeks. We'll be spending some time in Georgia with family and friends, as well as relaxing here at home with each other. I have been looking forward to this since August. : ) Hopefully, the weather will cooperate and we'll be able to get down south with no trouble.





I wanted to end this post with asking for your prayers for a sweet blogging friend, Anna. She is pregnant with her  second rainbow baby, 'little brother', and just got admitted to the hospital for bed rest. She's almost 24 weeks (on Friday) and the doctors say her cerclage has pulled away at one spot. Please pray for her heart and that 'little brother' would stay healthy and be born many weeks from now. Her first goal is to make it to 28 weeks. In addition to prayers, could you also click over to her blog and leave a word of encouragement for her? 
Thanks, friends.

2 comments:

Groves said...

Sweetest Little Doll In Her Pink and White Snow Suit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is cute, cute, cute!

Laurie said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That snowsuit pic. What!! She looks so perfect in that photo, she almost doesn't look real. I want to hug her and squeeze her!!