Thursday, February 10, 2011

7 things

1. Hannah is sleeping in her own room. In her crib, in Owen's crib.
We transitioned her in there after the first of the year. I wasn't sure I was ready, but she did great that first night and her readiness is all that matters. 

2. Sleep has been getting better. Last night, she was only up twice and was able to go back to sleep without nursing. 

3. Back in the early months of our grief, Chris and I made up a song- a nighttime sleep song- that he sang to me in the dark hours of the night when I couldn't sleep. We've been singing it to Hannah in the dark hours of the night when she can't sleep. 

4. I am working on my 30 before 30 list. This year, I turn 29. 
I have (roughly) one more year in my twenties. And I have some things I want to do before I cross over into my thirties. 

5. One of those 'things' is to get published. I know my writing is rough and I could use some (or a lot) of editing, but I have a passion for the written word and maybe, just maybe, I have something to say too.

6. Germs make me nauseous. 

7. Today is a Cherry Coke kind of day.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I can help you with the writing. I've been thinking about it too.

Oh, and being in your 30s isn't so bad. It's like an extension of 20s. :)

Sara said...

Ebe... I love what you write... Always have admired the honesty with which you share. Praying for you Ebe... I am thankful for your friendship and encouragement!
Sara

Katie said...

Babies and sleep I find there has never been anything so confusing in my life. EVERYONE has an opinion and EVERYONE wants to know, "so how's your baby sleeping?" I read somewhere that sleep is THE mom issue of our generation and I truly believe it. Hope you find a solution that results in enough rest to get you healthfully through the day however that works for you Hannah and Chris.

Can't wait to see what you may publish your writing is beautiful! Have you ever sent anything in to in(courage)? May be a place to start.

Glad you got a Cherry Coke!

Laurie said...

Cherry coke is my fav. :)