Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Some random thoughts for Wednesday

While talking to someone I just met last week, he made a comment about how he thought we had another kid. Chris responded, 'We have a little boy who passed away a few years ago.'
The guy, clearly not thinking before speaking, said, 'Oh, but I thought you had two kids...'
I miss my little boy.


I was sick all last week. Again. I'm very thankful for apple cider vinegar (with the 'Mother') and neighbors with cold medicine.

Saturday morning (finally!) brought with it renewed energy. I felt so much better that I sort of felt like I could conquer the world. Do you ever get post-sickness euphoria? I wonder if when we get to Heaven, we'll have post-brokenness euphoria.

Won't it be amazing to be healed from sin and brokenness? I don't think we truly grasp how much it affects everything. In fact, I don't think we grasp what it means to be fully human because we have only lived as humans who are broken physically, emotionally and spiritually.
I don't know about you, but I can't wait to be human as God intended it. As much as I can't wrap my brain around how wonderful it will be, I am so excited nonetheless.


Apparently, you can cry and yawn at the same time. I learned this little tidbit this morning as Hannah fought her morning nap. Sleep has been going so so much better for all of us though. I'm almost embarrassed to say how well it's been going. But I'm still very thankful.


So, next month, Hannah will be one year old. ONE YEAR OLD??!!!!!?
Can someone please tell me where the last 10 months have gone? Seriously. I shouldn't be so surprised- time has flown by lately. This month will mark four years since I became pregnant with Owen. Crazy, crazy, crazy.
I miss my little boy.

6 comments:

Tonya said...

This month is three years since I became pregnant with Grady...I miss my little boy, too. Thinking of you.

Love,
Tonya

Sara said...

Thinking of you Ebe... OUCH, that had to really hurt when that guy said that in that way. I am sorry Ebe. Thinking of our boys in heaven, hopefully hanging out together... I miss them all:)

How can Hannah be almost 1? That is crazy!!
Sara

Rebecca said...

Would you believe that after reading (another) touching post by Ebe that the part that made my jaw drop was about Hannah turning ONE?! No, no, no. It just can't be. Wasn't just last week that my heart was full of hope and expectation with you at her impending birth? That I was praising Him, right along with you, for a living, breathing, precious child heavy in your arms and heart?

And isn't it just like God to mix your joy with sorrow as you remember getting pregnant with Owen?

Thinking of you, and all your children, today!

Katie said...

I don't comment much but I always read. This is beautifully written Ebe! A profound idea about not grasping what it means to fully human as God intended.

I can NOT believe how fast this year has gone, I remember asking you where you got your cute tights when you were maybe 30 weeks pregnant which seems like yesterday. And of course I remember squealing with with joy for you and Chris when Hannah arrived. She is beautiful and I'm glad sleep is getting better for you all. It's been the hardest thing for us for sure.

Bree said...

Time flew so quickly. I remember finding your blog on the day Hannah was born. Thinking of your sweet Owen.

The Blue Sparrow said...

I cant even tell you how many times I've had people make similar comments to me. I just want to scream at them when they say it, but I don't. (Not without difficulty mind you ;p) A year old already? That's crazy! It doesn't seem possible! (((HUGS)))