Friday, April 8, 2011

Daydreams and our reality

The sun is shining more these days and the air coming through our open windows is warmer. We've been spending our afternoons playing outside now that spring is here. Hannah Mae loves to swing. Her face lights up, the wind blowing the hat off her head as she glides back and forth. She laughs as she swings. Today, I put her on my lap and we swung together. I held her close to my chest as she bounced up and down in joy. It was wonderful.


The grass is coming in green around the playground now and I have a memory of dancing with my little boy in the warm spring sunshine. We twirled and laughed together. I inhaled his sweet little boy smell as I held him close to my chest. Dancing is one of our favorite things to do.

But this memory is not a memory, it's only a daydream. A daydream I had two years ago. Two years ago, when I had little hope of having another child. When it was easy to get lost in daydreams and rememberings; daydreams that were full of longing and sadness. In reality, I remember sitting on the cool grass trying to read, but instead getting lost in daydreams of a tow headed toddler who wanted to dance.

Two years later, I dance every chance I get. Hannah lifts up her arms to me and we twirl and bounce and frolic together. When the music starts playing, Hannah grins from ear to ear and begins to bounce. If she could talk, I'm sure she would say, 'Dance, momma! Dance!' And we do.

7 comments:

Keisha Valentina said...

Friend, you are so beautiful.

In so very many ways.

Sara said...

I find myself daydreaming a lot these days of what Samuel would have been like at 2 with Levi here... Ebe, you are so amazing. Joy exudes from you and your hannah Mae will get that straight from her mama... beautiful! Sending love and prayers!
Sara

Kelly said...

Dancing and swinging with Hannah just sounds so perfect!

Tonya said...

I agree with Sara and Keisha...you are beautiful! And Hannah Mae will be just like you! One day our daydreams will be reality in the most beautiful place ever! Love you friend!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful. Only the One who created the universe and everything in it could redeem your daydream. Praising Him for dancing today!

heather ryan morse said...

love love love this post! praise God that your daydream will one day be reality and that you can also enjoy the miracle of dancing with a child here on earth right now too :)

i am praising Him with you!
heather

Open Air said...

I remember that post, and I'm so glad there's a day when you will dance with all of your children...forever.

Jesus' resurrection is so much more than just another holiday or another date on the calendar now. It's everything! All our hope.

Hannah Mae is adorable. I'm so glad you get to dance with her now! You're such an encouragement and inspiration to me. Thanks!