Thursday, November 3, 2011

God gives us cardinals

Winter time has its cold and wind that chills my skin
but every time You are near
it warms me deep within.
As in the winter when the birds all leave
God gives us cardinals to add color
....

Growing up has its days of changes filled with fear
And even though we can't stop time
its easier when You're near.
As in the fall when the flowers fade
God gives us leaves to add color

-Annie Williams 'Used to'



God always gives me cardinals to remind me of His great, unfailing, faithful and abundant love. Ever since Owen died, God has sent me cardinals when I'm feeling alone in my grief. I see them as reminder of His presence in my life.
He never leaves us alone, He never forsakes us. 

The radiant red bird always shows up... in a picture, a movie, outside my window, a beautiful handmade gift from a friend, a song... never failing to remind me of how much God loves me.


I'm wishing for a cardinal right now.
Tomorrow is the anniversary of the last full day we had Owen alive and well here with us. And we miss him. So much.


3 comments:

Michelle said...

Praying for you friend...Won't heaven be incredible :) Come Lord, Jesus quickly. I can't wait for the day we can be reunited with our babies. I want to hang out again soon, I am enjoying our friendship so much :)

Sara said...

Praying for you to feel the Lord right beside you as you remember your sweet precious Owen. Awaiting that incredible day when the Lord comes to take us home and all things will be made perfect! Love you!

Open Air said...

Thinking of you and praying for peace tonight. Praising the Lord that He never leaves us.

You have a beautiful mother, Owen. And you are loved and missed.