Monday, March 5, 2012

He is able


Come ye sinners, poor and wretched,
weak and wounded, sick and sore.
Jesus, ready, stands to save you,
Full of pity joined with power.


He is able, He is able; 
He is willing; Doubt no more.


Come ye needy, come and welcome;
God’s free bounty glorify:
True belief and true repentance,
every grace that brings you nigh.



Without money, without money
Come to Jesus Christ and buy.



Come ye weary, heavy laden,
Bruised and broken by the fall.
If you tarry till you’re better,
you will never come at all.



Not the righteous, not the righteous;
Sinners Jesus came to call.



Let not conscience make you linger,
nor of fitness fondly dream.
All the fitness He requireth
is to feel your need of Him.



This He gives you, this He gives you,
’Tis the Spirit’s rising beam.



Lo! The Incarnate God, ascended;
pleads the merit of His blood.
Venture on Him; venture wholly,
Let no other trust intrude.



None but Jesus, none but Jesus
Can do helpless sinners good.



We went to a Hymn Sing tonight (I had never heard of a Hymn Sing before, but basically we sang hymns together for over an hour- with the help some incredible worship leaders and musicians). The sight and sound of other messed up people, my brothers and sisters in Christ, and children all singing praise and glory to our Father.... it was amazing.

Come Ye Sinners was the second hymn we sang. I have heard this particular song many many times before at our home church in Georgia, but haven't heard it since we moved here. I needed it tonight.

I literally gasped when the third verse was sung. And then the fourth, and then the fifth. 

None but Jesus.

Thank you, Lord. I needed this reminder so badly tonight. So often I try to make myself better, try to stop the worry or fear or anger (or insert any sin at all) by trying harder. I think I need to be better to gain His love and faithfulness. But that's not the Gospel. That's not what Jesus taught and it's just.not.possible. 

He is able and willing, ready to save. Praise the Lord.


2 comments:

Sara said...

I love you Ebe... such good reminders... I need them too!
Sara

Tonya said...

So glad you were able to hear this and it spoke to you right when you needed it. God is good that way, huh?!? I love and miss you more than words can say! I sure hope a visit is in your near future!!! :) (((HUGS)))