Monday, September 17, 2012

Snapshots

Feeling overwhelmed with something that I always thought would be a dream, not a reality.


Cinderella dresses and batman capes.


Coming up on Five... not as slowly as I would like.


Propped up in bed at nine o'clock in the morning with my coffee and my writing... the little baby (toddler I should say) still in bed too.


Mornings when the crickets and the birds go silent, and the rain comes lightly down.


Pajamas and red wine at eight thirty after the baby goes down.... an hour later, the both of us wanting to rush in and wake her up to play.

An impromptu middle of the night pajama party because she's only this little for so short a time.


Septembers spent with the windows wide open instead of the air conditioner cranked up on high.


Gluten free blueberry pancakes and scrambled eggs for dinner.


Knowing the presence of Jesus and thankful for His Spirit. Without my firstborn son, I don't know how I could have known the Father this way.

On quiet Fall nights, when everyone is asleep around me, my heart grieves and aches wondering and wishing it could have happened another way. I miss my son Owen.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Beautiful Ebe! I love you!

Em said...

I just found your blog and read from your last post all the way here. I love how you turn it all to Jesus. That's what I need to hear in my grief. That's what I try to do, often unsuccessfully. And not always unintentionally.