Sunday, February 10, 2013

7 things

1. Sissy. Oh, sweet little snuggly girl. We love you. We have prayed for you, and the Lord has heard us. Thank you, dear Lord.

2. HM is the best big sister you could ask for. She wants to kiss and rub her head every chance she gets. The cutest thing is when someone new comes over to meet Sissy, HM will use her arms and showcase Sissy saying, 'that my baby sisater!'

3. About a week and a half (maybe two weeks) ago, my two Christmas cactus plants started to develop small buds. Normally, a Christmas cactus blooms in, well, Christmas time. Well, right around the time we got the call that we had a baby girl to bring home, little pink blooms appeared. I don't think it's a coincidence at all. Thank you, dear Lord.

4. We met Sissy's birthmom a couple of days ago. She is amazing. And we love her. Neither of us could stop telling her how much we love her, and everyone cried, a lot. She is a wonderful, truly wonderful woman. I told her that Sissy will always know... that I promise she will grow up knowing how much her birthmom loves her and how strong and courageous her birthmom is. We could have sat there for many more hours. It felt like the most natural thing in the world to be sitting with my daughter's birthmom, though I honestly have no categories and no context for what we were doing. God was there, he was with us in that room and he went before us too.
Sissy's birthmom wanted us to name her. We had a first name picked out a few months ago, but couldn't agree on a middle name. When we sat with our caseworker signing the last bit of papers, she asked us if we had a middle name for Sissy. Chris immediately said one name, and I said another. We looked at each other and I could tell that neither of us would budge. So our caseworker suggested using them both. So we did.
When we were talking with Sissy's birthmom, she asked us what Sissy's middle name was. We told her and she got a big smile on her face... her middle name is one of Sissy's middles names. I don't think that is a coincidence at all either. Thank you, dear Lord, for going before us... for holding all things together.

5. Newborns are sweet and cuddly, and long to be held and loved... and oh, how I forgot how tired you can be! But I remember this time with Hannah went so quickly, and I want cherish our Sissy's newborn snuggles.

6. I often wonder if people are wondering how we afforded Sissy's adoption. Families have babies in seminary all the time, really... if you don't believe me just come for a visit! :) But rarely do families adopt or foster.
I can attest that when God calls you to do something, he will provide. If you're curious about adoption costs, and you're seriously wondering if you can do it too... then please don't hesitate- ask us! We are happy to tell you how God provided for us!

7. AH! We have two little girls!! It is amazing!!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Yay! Yay!! Yay!!!!! I am so thrilled for you Ebe... Adoption is one of those MIND BLOWING things... you can not attest to the Lord's faithfulness and goodness! Love you Ebe... thrilled for you!

Anonymous said...

Praising God for you. What a blessing. Owen and then 2 little girls- what a precious family. God's plans are rarely ours but so wonderful when we stay faithful. I have followed you since you gave birth to Hannah Mae. I am very happy for all of you.

Em said...

I am anxiously awaiting a photo of your sweet sissy. Although I know there are probably legalities in the way right now.
We have a foster to adopt little girl who came to us through kinship care because her biomom is distantly related to my husband. She is a blessing but sometimes I miss my little Eva so much when I look at her as she is only 8 months older than our Eva. What friends they would have been.

Devon said...

I would love to hear how God provided for you...We have adoption on our heart but of course, the $$ are scary!

You can email me at rdmikels@gmail.com -- My blogs aren't public anymore :(