Thursday, July 4, 2013

Summer lovin'

After a grand total of 45 hours in the car driving from Missouri to the mountains of Georgia, to the coast of Florida with a brief stop in Savannah, to northeast Georgia and then back again to our midwestern home... some of my favorite moments from our trip:

. Seeing Chris again after our longest time apart (17 days!!)
. Hannah Mae running through the crashing waves yelling, "This is so much fun!!"
. Spending the afternoon on the porch drinking coffee, listening to the roar of the ocean and feeling the warm beachy breeze
. Going on a date or two with my best friend
. Watching HM and Ruby play with their second cousins, Grandparents, Great Aunts and Uncles, Great-grandparents and Great-Great Aunt
. Eating much too much seafood
. Taking an impromptu break in Savannah and having a little adventure
. Discussing (at length) teen dystopian novels
. Dipping our youngest daughter's toes into the ocean for the first time
. Seeing one of my closest and dearest friends, and watching our girls play together
. Having my three year old pee on said closest and dearest friend's carpet
. Spending my birthday in Georgia
. Toes in the sand, book in hand, the sound of the waves crashing nearby


We had a lovely and tiring trip. It was a much needed break from the normal. Chris graduated from seminary in May and has been support raising since then. He took a 17 day trip down south to meet with potential supporters and churches to raise awareness and support for the church plant we are moving to IN to be a part of. The girls and I stayed home. It was a challenging time for us. But I'm thankful to be through it and to look back and see God's faithfulness to us through that time.

We have about five or so weeks left in our little seminary home before we move to our new home in IN. I am dreading the boxes, the chaos and the long nights packing, but I'm so looking forward to starting a new journey. AND Ruby's adoption will be finalized next month!!! Which means more freedom for us a family, and a great deal more posts about our sweet little girl as well as a picture or two (or twenty).








3 comments:

Em said...

Eva's middle name is Ruby. It's near and dear to my heart.

Rosanna said...

Hey, you don't know me but I've been following your blog since you started it (I think I found you through Molly Piper's blog?). I just have to say that I loved this post...it's beautiful to see you enjoying little pleasures with your daughters after such pain. Not to say that the pain of loss is marginalized because you're smiling at the beach, but somehow this post speaks of redemption and beauty rising from ashes...it's almost like you're honoring Owen and your other babies by embracing life and all that it has to offer; pain, joy, delight, peace, grief, no matter how long or short that life may be. Thank you for exposing yourself in this journey. While I've never lost a child, reading your words helps me understand-at least a little- my friends who are walking this road.

Also, you look ridiculously beautiful in that last picture. :)

Ebe said...

Awww... thanks, Rosanna. That is really kind of you. I'm thankful to be able to share here. It's great therapy. :)

Em, that' is really sweet. Thank you for sharing.