Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Six years ago

These little baby girls are my light. And my joy. 





On days like today when my thoughts and my heart are full of the sadness of this day six years ago... I hear them giggle and growl and coo. 
My heart is full of the sadness of missing my son and the joy of having two daughters. It's complicated and messy but somehow it's becoming familiar. 

This day six years ago was the worst day of my life. The day they told me he was gone. And I will never get over that. Things can never be the same after that. 

But there is a new normal. A new way of living and breathing and getting out of bed each morning. I can smile and laugh and have a bad day too. I'm not the person I was before my son died... but I like the person my son has made me much more. 

We miss you Owen Christopher. 

4 comments:

Beth Morey said...

So much love.

Sara said...

Missing Owen with you Ebe!

Em said...

love the how the sisters are looking at each other in the top photo. Wish there was a big brother there too...but he's looking on. I liked Beth's comment...so much love. Yes, so much love.

Cecilia said...

I love this sentence : ". I'm not the person I was before my son died... but I like the person my son has made me much more. " Oh so true!